Summer time is here and along with it, new chances await you all over Europe. As an accredited Youth NGO focused on international mobility (Erasmus+ and ESC programmes), and as an official Eurodesk Multiplier, in Smokinya Foundation we have decided to bring you five interesting opportunities abroad, from traineeships to volunteerings, which will allow you to achieve relevant professional experience and improve your academic background regarding the development of your future career .
Thereby, do not let pass the moment and take a look now, deadlines are close! And of course, if you have not heard about Eurodesk, click here and discover a true new horizon of possibilities!
1. BlueBook Traineeship Programme
Likely, you hear about the role of the European Commission everyday on the tv news, on the raido, on the newspaper… But what if we tell you that you can be part of it and work as a paid trainee for six months in any of its several units, departments, services and agencies across the continent?
Thanks to the BlueBook Programme, one of the most prestigious in all the European Union, you have the chance of living in person how the EU Commission works for us. You choose the working field that suits better with you! Competition law, human resources, environmental policy, translation… There are so many possibilities! Besides, you will improve your competences by attending and organisating meetings, researching, drafting and editing documentation and reports, supporting the management of projects and much more. In this regards, if you:
- Are +18 years old.
- Are an European citizen, a citizen of a third country which has concluded the accession process to the EU or a national citizen of the hosting country
- Have completed a standard 3 year higher education degree (minimum EQF level), corresponding to a complete Bachelor’s cycle, or equivalent.
- Have no previous work experience of any kind, in excess of 6 weeks in any EU institution, body, agency or delegation.
- Have a very good knowledge of two EU official languages (one of them must be a working language: English, French or German at C1/C2 level).
The European Commission is awaiting you. Do not let pass this train, apply now here!
2. Fulbright – Schuman Programme
Are you interested in the European Union? Have you ever wished to travel to the United States of America? If so it is your lucky day, because the Fulbright Commission in Belgium together with the U.S Department and the Directorate – General for Culture and Education of the European Union, are providing grants for EU citizens for study, research or lecturing in the USA, with the focus on EU affairs, European integration or US-EU relations. A unique life opportunity for Pre/Post-Doctoral Research and Lecturing, for Internal educators, for Innovation… You decide your own path, just take a second to check out the basic requirements;
- Citizenship of an EU Member State
- Proficiency in English.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior submitting the application, candidates must arrange their own placement at an accredited university, vocational training/professional institution or independent research center in the United States.
Do you have what it is required? Sign your application form and start the adventure of your life! Read more details here.
3. Erasmus+ Young Entrepreneurs
Do you consider yourself a true entrepreneur? Do you have a good idea and you are looking for the way to put it in practice, to make it real? Thanks to the revolutionary Erasmus+ Young Entrepreneurs Programme now you have the chance. According to it, young people across all over Europe can learn from experienced professionals who are already running small businesses with whom they will collaborate and stay for a period of 1 to 6 months. Thus, the main goal of the program is to encourage and support the youth to start a business in Europe. Does it sounds interesting, right? You only need to keep in mind that in order to be part of the programme, it is required;
- Be +18 years old.
- Be a permanent resident in one of the EU Member States and/or the participating countries (check out the list in the link below for more information)
- Plan to start a business based on a viable business plan or have less than 3 years of total entrepreneurship experience.
- Have a concrete project or business idea reflected in a business plan.
Do you fulfil these points? Then do not think more about it and go ahead with your dream. Even a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Take yours and apply today here!
4. WFD Youth Delegation
If you are here reading these words, it is because you are a person concerned about the issues and challenges that our society have to face nowadays, from the climate change and global warming to the reinforcement of democracies around the world or the fight for equality and the defence of Human Rights.
In this way, we seriously recommend you to pay attention to this opportunity because the Youth Department of the Council of Europe, which organises a big event once per year called “Strasbourg World Forum for Democracy”, is inviting 50-60 young people to join them by the end of 2022! Leaders, opinion-makers, civil society activists, representatives of business, social innovators, academia and media professionals will be there waiting for you to debate about current problems and possible solutions to encourage a democratic innovation. Do not miss it! You only need:
- Be between 18-30 years old.
- Be able to communicate and work in English.
- Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives.
- Be motivate to contribute to develop new ideas.
- Be read to share own challenges faced in relation to democracy.
- Be available to fully participate in the event and also in the preparation process beforehand.
As you already know, in Smokinya Foundation we are determined to show you all the opportunities that are available for your personal and professional development out there, so if you are interested in these topics but you still have doubts, do not hesitate to write us at email@example.com, we will be more than glad to support you. By the way, do not forget to keep an eye on our social media and sign up for our newsletter!
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an
endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be
held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. //
Подкрепата на Европейската комисия за изготвянето на настоящата публикация не представлява
одобрение на съдържанието, което отразява гледните точки само на авторите и не може да се търси
отговорност от Комисията за всяка употреба, която може да бъде използвана за информацията,
съдържаща се в нея.