1-2 August – Advanced Planning Visit to Sofia
1 September 2018 – 31 August 2019, Bulgaria
1 place open for resident of Greece, Czech Republic or any EU country
Deadline: ASAP or no later than 10 June 2018
Lear more also in the European Solidarity Corps: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/6757_en
iHIGHER – volunteering for youth participation and employability, long-term volunteering project under Erasmus+ (EVS)
1-2 August 2018 – Advanced Planning Visit (APV)
1 September 2018 – 31 August 2019 – Project activities
Participating countries: Greece, Czech Republic
Deadline for applications: ASAP or no later than 10 June 2018
We are happy to announce that this project has been approved!
We are looking for excited, willing to learn and motivated young people. Come and join our team!
Read carefully below and apply now! for iHIGHER – volunteering for youth participation and employability.
Smokinya Foundation is looking for two volunteers who are highly motivated and willing to spend 1 year in Sofia, Bulgaria.
What will you do? Briefly, you will support our everyday work in the office:
• be introduced to the organisation and will be trained how we work
• get to learn each different aspect of an organisation by mentor and supervisor
• get support to define what is the goal you want to achieve for this 1 year
• contact and connect with other international volunteers
• learn about, contact and cooperate with local schools and universities
• support us with little administrative help (we call it FUN-dministration!)
• get trained in organising an event and organise your own
By helping us and doing all above you will practice important skills and competences like:
• networking and support of local NGOs
• organisation of events – workshops, trainings, seminars, public events, discussions
• meeting local youth and promotion of mobility opportunities in EU
• informal language classes to local youth
• promotion of volunteering (Erasmus+ and Smokinya)
• promotion of non-formal education, lifelong learning
• media project (social networks, webpage, blog writing, visits in schools, universities, youth centres and organisations)
• project management and coordination
• project design and writing
• problem solving
• critical thinking
• strategical planning and more!
You will be supervised and mentored in a way to set your own goals and learn, practice, develop and master some important life skills and competencies like: team work, cooperation, learning to learn, time management, communication and coaching skills, project initiation from A to Z and much more!
We want to train you in the things you are passionate about so you can learn much and grow personally and professionally.
Profile of participants
• 17-30 years old
• unemployed or at risk of unemployment
• in transition between two educational levels or career paths
• having fewer opportunities, including those who have problematic social or cultural background
During this year they will be full-time volunteers having a schedule of 35 hours per week.
Days off – volunteers get two consecutive free days per week + two extra days of holiday per month. In case that volunteer is working extra hours, they have right to get these hours compensated.
Read more details in the infopack.
Important! Read carefully the info letter, it contains important details.
This is long-term volunteering mobility funded by Erasmus+ programme.
That requires commitment. You will be asked to organise a follow-up activity after the project.
Get to know all provided information in the info letter before you submit your application form.
General applications are disregarded.
You may want to read some of the testimonials from previous projects related to personal development, communications skills, leadership, creativity, employability and outdoors. Click on the following link:https://smokinya.com/about/testimonials/
More information: Info letter
Participation contribution: FREE of charge, Erasmus+ programme covers participation in this project.
Website of the organizer: Smokinya Foundation
Should you have a question, contact us: email@example.com.
Find us also at:
This volunteering project is financially supported by the Erasmus+ programme.
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an
endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be
held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. //
Подкрепата на Европейската комисия за изготвянето на настоящата публикация не представлява
одобрение на съдържанието, което отразява гледните точки само на авторите и не може да се търси
отговорност от Комисията за всяка употреба, която може да бъде използвана за информацията,
съдържаща се в нея.