Want to learn about the benefits of our courses? Click here: https://smokinya.com/about/testimonials/
Start of volunteering between: as soon as possible in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
End of volunteering: 12 months after the start.
THE BALKAN HIGHWAY: FROM UNEMPLOYMENT THROUGH VOLUNTEERING TO SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP, 12-month volunteering project
Venue: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Participating countries: any EU country
Deadline for applications: 18 Dec 2020
This is a long-term volunteering and learning program. It requires full focus and participation.
Smokinya Foundation is happy to announce that THE BALKAN HIGHWAY: FROM UNEMPLOYMENT THROUGH VOLUNTEERING TO SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP project is now open for candidates!
We are looking for excited, willing to learn and motivated young people. Come and join our team!
Read carefully below and apply now!
What do you do?
• support our everyday work in the office (development of activities, projects, events, school visits, coordination)
• Complimentary activity: take an active part in creation of a social hub in Plovdiv!
What do you get?
• be introduced to the organisation and will be trained how we work
• get valuable experience in living and volunteering abroad
• learn each different aspect of an organisation and how it works
• contact and connect with other international volunteers
• learn about, contact and cooperate with local schools and universities
• support our administrative work
• get trained in organising an event and organise your own
By helping us and doing all above you will practice important skills and competences like:
• networking and support of local NGOs
• organisation of events – workshops, trainings, seminars, public events, discussions
• meeting local youth and promotion of mobility opportunities in EU
• informal language classes to local youth
• promotion of volunteering (European Solidarity Corps, Erasmus+ and Smokinya Foundation)
• promotion of non-formal education, lifelong learning
• media project (social networks, webpage, blog writing, visits in schools, universities, youth centres and organisations)
• project management and coordination
• project design and writing
• problem solving
• critical thinking
• strategical planning and more!
You will be supervised and mentored in a way to set your own goals and learn, practice, develop and master some important life skills and competencies like: team work, cooperation, learning to learn, time management, communication and coaching skills, project initiation from A to Z and much more!
We want to train you in the things you are passionate about so you can learn much and grow personally and professionally.
Profile of participants
• 20-29 years old
• in transition between two educational levels or career paths
During this year they will be full-time volunteers having a schedule of 35 hours per week.
Days off – volunteers get two consecutive free days per week + two extra days of holiday per month. In case that volunteer is working extra hours, they have right to get these hours compensated.
You will also learn how to use professionally important contemporary tools for virtual collaboration and cooperation.
Important! Read carefully the info letter, it contains important details.
This is volunteering program funded by European Solidarity Corps programme.
General applications are disregarded.
Want to learn about the benefits of our courses? Click here
More information: Info letter
COST AND FEES
This project is funded by European Solidarity Corps programme: accommodation, food, materials, the programme and the travel costs up to the maximum allowed amount are fully covered. No fees.
Maximum travel reimbursement: 275 EUR per person per country (for countries within 500-1999 km)
Apply by filling in the form: Application form.
Deadline for applications: 18 Dec 2020
Apply by 18 Dec 2020.
Project starts as soon as you are confirmed, after an online call with our team representatives.
Should you have a question, contact us: email@example.com.
Find us also at:
This program is co-funded by the European Solidarity Corps programme of the European Union.
The European Commission’s support for the production of this publication does not constitute an
endorsement of the contents, which reflect the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be
held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. //
Подкрепата на Европейската комисия за изготвянето на настоящата публикация не представлява
одобрение на съдържанието, което отразява гледните точки само на авторите и не може да се търси
отговорност от Комисията за всяка употреба, която може да бъде използвана за информацията,
съдържаща се в нея.